Bubbles. Just the word is fun to say. Find out where to find our top Loudoun County bubbly and sparkling wines - perfect to share with someone you love for Valentine's Day!
A list of six of our favorite winter wines from Loudoun County wineries -- you'll find both some reds and whites in this!
Hello and good morning! We are so thrilled to begin our blog today -- the Capital Area Food and Drink blog! Which will lovingly be referred to as the CAFD blog in shorthand.
This blog will supplement our first book - Capital Area Food and Drink: Western Loudoun Preserved. In our book, we feature over 15 local Loudoun businesses, the people behind some amazing food, drink, farming, and hospitality establishments, and their recipes. We want to continue learning and sharing more about these people, their businesses, AND those that we didn't include in this first book. There is so much to explore in Loudoun, and we hope to be an entry point for those looking to learn more about the area and all it has to offer!
Who is this site going to be useful to? If you connect with any of the following, then we think you'll like it here!
- You're a budding foodie, particularly in the Washington, D.C. metro region (though readers from other parts of the world are more than welcome - we'd love to have you!).
- You like to know more about food, where it comes from, how it's made, who grows it.
- You enjoy seasonal recipes and want to know where to buy local ingredients.
- You love knowing the best places to go to find ___(fill in the blank)___. Some things we plan to feature include our favorite Loudoun-produced wines, beers, spirits, local farms, markets, kitschy stores, date night outings, hiking options, B&Bs, family-fun events, and more.
- You enjoy learning about and supporting local businesses and the people that run them.
- You like history, and want to learn more about historical sites and how they shape today's food industry just outside the nation's capital.
- You simply like pretty pictures of scenery, scrumptious dishes, and delectable treats...trust us, if this is you, you're in for a great ride!
Regardless of why you've arrived at our site, we are overjoyed that you're here and hope to give you information that is valuable and entertaining. We would love to hear from you as we go along in this blog journey, so please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a specific question or item you'd like us to discuss, let us know!
Happy Sunday, and cheers to a beautiful new season in the history of Capital Area Food and Drink!
- Meghan and Mary